This page contains links to diagnostic, repair and service information provided by Volkswagen, plus additional, third-party resources. All resources are available to all automotive repair professionals. Some types of information are free, while others require a subscription purchase. Access to Vehicle Security Information (key codes, immobilizer reset procedures, etc.) requires an approved account under the Vehicle Security Professional program.
Service, repair and security data is available for all Volkswagen & Audi vehicles sold in Canada. Bentley, Lamborghini amd Bugatti are included in the data, however, the software requirements are different.
SHOPS: You must register as an Authorized Independent Workshop. How to set up accounts with Volkswagen.
Select the type of information you need from the links below:
- Service information
- Vehicle scan (health check) - See next two links below
- How to obtain theVAS 6150C/6160 diagnostic tool and ODIS software
- Reprogramming (ODIS Diagnostic software J2534 compatible, see “Vehicle Diagnostics” on the Erwin home page)
- J2534 software & scan tool information (ODIS Diagnostic software J2534 compatible, see “Vehicle Diagnostics” on the Erwin home page) Additional information at ScanToolResource.com
- Mode $06 data link: See Erwin guided search/vehicle/year/repair manual/engine/Generic scan tool
- Calibration update link: Calibration data in OBD II section
- Vehicle security information (VSP Canada password required): See Security Professionals Key Program on the Erwin Home page
- Collision repair information (RTS chart)
- Uniform procedures for collision repair
- VW/Audi Certified Collision Repair Program
- VW Position Statements
- Hybrid and electric vehicle support (future consideration)
- How to get key codes for Volkswagen
- Volkswagen OEM training: See Erwin Guided Search/vehicle/year/training/ SSPs or Videos
- Volkswagen Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sample video (free) on J2543 - Volkswagen ECM using ODIS (2013 Passat)
Subscription prices (USD) * All prices quoted for comparison only and are subject to change:
|Short term||Month||Year/other||Security Professional|
$35 (24 hrs)
First, you must be a registered Vehicle Security Professional. AUDI/VW Security Access requires the use of “ODIS Service” diagnostics and reprogramming software $100.00 one-time registration fee plus $500.00 subscription fee per year.
Is the information you're looking for unavailable? Use the Service Information Request form for Canada.
Frequently asked questions:
Click question to display/hide answer
A: To reflash VW or Audi vehicles you must be a pre-registered ODIS user. To register, follow all the registration and installation steps for ODIS under the About Erwin tab.
A: Pass-thru programming over the Internet for 2004 and later vehicles using a SAE J-2534-1 Pass Thru device and a laptop PC with ODIS diagnostic and reprogramming software is available for certain applications.
A: For access to J-2534 information go to the Audi service information website.
A: The details are listed in specific technical bulletins. Since these are for specific concerns for specific models, all appropriate diagnostic procedures should be followed before attempting Pass Thru reprogramming. Reprogramming should only be performed if a technical bulletin provices direction to do so. This technique requires a secure, uninterrupted Internet connection and a Pass Thru device that has been recommended for this application.
Notice: Currect Pass Thru reprogramming using ODIS supports SAE J2534-1 version 4.04 only. Please make sure that you have installed the appropriate driver for your Pass Thru device. For details, read the dicumentation shipped with your device or contact the manufacturer.
- I+ME Pass-Thru+XS available from ACTIA Corp (734) 266-2083
- DrewTech CarDAQ Plus, CarDAQ M, or Mongoose Pro VW available from Drew technologies Inc. (734) 222-5228.
- Blue Streak iflash Global Programmer available from Blue Streak Electronics (905) 669-4812.
- DG Technologies VSI-2534 available from DG Technologies (248) 888-2000.
A: The calibration needed is available to subscribers at https://erwin.audiusa.com.